Caring for a patient with a stoma can be challenging in the Hospital acute/rehabilitation or Community setting. This twilight education session is to assist staff caring for stomas to have a greater understanding of how to achieve quality care to their patients with a stoma.
This twilight event will include
- Identify what is a stoma and the different stomas that you may see.
- Difference between temporary and permanent
- Protecting the peri-stoma skin
- Bag choices and decision-making
- Application of bags
- Identifying the right bag for the right patient
- Identifying the best resources to assist this understanding.
Date: Thursday 18 May
Time: 5.30 to 8.30pm
Specialist Presenter: Rebecca Foot-Connolly
Rebecca is a Stoma Therapy Clinical Nurse Consultant at a busy acute public hospital who works closely with the Colorectal Team. Rebecca’s background includes StomalTherapy Nursing in the Acute, Rehabilitation setting, including Aged Care.This twilight evening is recommended for any health worker wanting to gain greater experience in stoma therapy to improve patient outcomes in their clinical settings.
Please see the attached flyer for more information, and to circulate to your colleagues.
To register please go to:
We cant wait to see you there!