Caring for a patient with a stoma can be challenging in the Hospital acute/rehabilitation or Community setting. This twilight education session is to assist staff caring for stomas to have a greater understanding of how to achieve quality care to their patients with a stoma.
This twilight event will include
- Identify what is a stoma and the different stomas that you may see.
- Difference between temporary and permanent
- Protecting the peri-stoma skin
- Bag choices and decision-making
- Application of bags
- Identifying the right bag for the right patient
- Identifying the best resources to assist this understanding.
Time: 5.30 to 8.30pm
Please see the attached flyer for more information, and to circulate to your colleagues.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cant wait to see you there!